What is Rocky Top Sports World? Probably the most important thing to happen on Highway 321 from Gatlinburg to Cosby since the completion of GPHS. Rocky Top Sports is a huge sports facility complex that was completed in 2014 to allow a new industry to come into our area and a whole new series of events for those of us living between Gatlinburg and Cosby to enjoy.
Over 80 acres of premium, state-of-the-art sports equipment for dozens and dozens of sports make up the prestige of the Rocky Top Sports Center. Visitors can come watch the sports games and tournaments played by local school and professional teams (and everything inbetween), enjoy the amenities of the sports complex for their own sporting activities, and even have group activities and children’s parties there if they so wish. Their tournament calendar is packed year-round with events and literally everyone will find something to enjoy at the Rocky Top Sports Center.
The dizzying array of amenities include:
• 86,000 square foot indoor facility.
• 10 basketball courts.
• 17 volleyball courts.
• 6 synthetic turf fields plus 1 natural field for soccer, lacrosse, football, ultimate frisbee and more.
• Picnic tables.
• Children’s play area.
• Bleacher seating.
• Champ’s Grill eatery.
• Event planning space.
Sporting events include:
• Smoky Mountain Cup Boys Soccer Tournament
• FC Alliance Southeast Classic
• Smoky Mountain Showdown (Lacrosse)
• Gatlinburg College Showcase Kickoff
• Battle in Rocky Top National Championship Youth Football Tournament (Football)
• Thanksgiving Bowl (Football)
• Gatlinburg Futsal Championships
• 2016 Junior Winter Slam (Basketball)
• Mayhem in the Mountains (Lacrosse)
See more on Rocky Top Sports World at www.rockytopsportsworld.com.